Foods of Worth
FOOD CAN BE OUR ALLIES AND NOT JUST OUR ENEMY 2016:
If you include the following foods in your regimen you will not only lose weight, but most importantly your body will eliminate fat stores, naturally yet effectively.
- Apples, Berries, Fresh Fruit “Apples contain chemical called pectin. This chemical is found in most berries, and fresh fruit. The pectin is in the cell walls of most fruits, especially apples. Pectin limits the amount of fat your cells can absorb. This will put a natural limitation on the amount of fat your cells can absorb. Pectin, once in your system, has a water binding property, it absorbs watery substances, and these watery substances in turn bombard the cells and make it release fat deposits. Add applesauce (it’s loaded with pectin), apples, fresh fruit and berries, to your diet and let the power of pectin pulverize the fat that accumulates on your cells. An apple a day can help keep the fat away.
- Citrus Fruits Citrus fruits like, oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, lemons, and limes contain high concentrations of Vitamin C (this is also called ascorbic acid). This Vitamin C has a fat burning quality. Vitamin C reduces the effectiveness of fat. It reduces its content and can liquefy or dilute fat. By diluting the fat, it makes it less effective, and easier to flush out of your system. Vitamin C also works on cholesterol deposits. Vitamin C can help burn out the cholesterol, hence, making it difficult for cholesterol deposits to form in blood vessels. By adding Citrus Fruits to your daily diet, try every meal and also a snack, you will great increase your metabolism, increase your ability to get rid of fat, and help you to control your cholesterol levels.
|Asparagus Asparagus contains the chemical asparagine. This is an alkaloid that stimulates the kidneys and improve the circulatory process. These alkaloids directly effect the cells and break down fat. It also contains a chemical that helps to remove waste from the body by breaking up the oxalic acid, this acid tends to glue fat to cells, so by breaking the acid up, it helps to reduce fat levels.
Beets Beets are a strong diuretic that focuses on the liver and kidneys. Beets flush out floating body fats. They have a special iron that cleanses the corpuscles, corpuscles are blood cells that can contain fat deposits. It also contains chlorine that also helps to flush out fatty deposits. This chlorine stimulates the lymph which will clear out the fat deposits.
Brussel Spouts This vegetable stimulates the glands, the pancreas especially, which releases hormones that have a cleansing effect on the cells. There are also minerals that stimulate the kidneys. Waste is released quicker and it helps to clean out the cells.
Cabbage This cleanses your body of waste matter because it contains sulphur and iodine, which helps to cleanse the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines. Cabbage is a great food if you should have a pot belly or a middle age spread. The diuretic cabbage will help to break up the fat in this area.
Carrots Carrots contains carotene, a form of Vitamin A, this carotene will start a fat flushing reaction in your system. This reaction will literally wash out fat and waste quickly. The carotene will be transformed into vitamin A in the intestines and this process will create a speed up in your metabolism and cause a reaction in your cells to remove fat deposits.
Celery Raw celery has a high concentration of Calcium in a ready to use form, so when you eat it, the calcium is sent directly to work. This pure form of calcium will ignite your endocrine system. The hormones in your body will break up the accumulated fat build up. Celery also has a high level of magnesium and iron which will clean out your system.
Cucumber Cucumber contains a high sulphur and silcon content. These minerals work to stimulate the kidneys to wash out uric acid, which is a waste product. With this uric acid being washed out, it stimulates the removal of fat, and loosens the fat from the cells.
Garlic If you read about the fat burning foods section you would have seen Garlic on that list, well, it is also a natural diuretic. Garlic has mustard oils and these oils create a cleansing action in the body. They promote a vigorous action of peristalsis, which is muscular contraction, and this will loosen fat and help wash out fats. They can also breakdown clumps of fat. So eat garlic and thin down.
Horseradish We’ve all seen horseradish, few venture to use it, but it has an amazing effect of dissolving fat in cells (no side effects) and also as a cleansing effect on the body.
Lettuce Lettuce contains iron and magnesium. These minerals will enter your spleen, your spleen helps your immunity and protects the body from illness. The spleen will use these minerals make them stronger, and send them to the cells and tissues. It will also help the liver, increase your metabolism, and wash out fatty cells. The darker lettuces have more of the minerals. So add Lettuce to your diet NOW!
Onions Onions, similar to garlic, have minerals and oils that will help to breakdown fat deposits and speed up your metabolism. Have raw onions every day, it has more power than garlic and with the milder smell, it will make an excellent addition to your diet.
Radishes Radishes scrub the mucous membrane of the body because it contains high levels of Iron and Magnesium. These minerals actually help to dissolve fat in the cells.
Tomatoes Tomatoes have high Vitamin C and Citricmalic-oxalic acids. The acid will accelerate the metabolic process. It also helps the kidneys to release more water and helps to wash away fat.The natural acids with the enzyme activated minerals prompt the kidneys to filter out large quantities of fatty deposits and then you eliminate them from your system. So add tomatoes to your daily diet and your metabolism will thank you for it.
Apple Cider Vinegar Use this diuretic in small quantities. You can add it to your salad as a dressing. What makes this such a powerful diuretic is this: It is made from apples and the Malic acid in apples will create a fat burning process. Another factor with this vinegar is the fermentation process causes the vinegar to have constructive acids that join with alkaline elements and minerals in the body. This produces a cell scrubbing effect. It also contains high levels of potassium, which has an antiseptic quality to that helps to eliminate fat deposits.”
|“Fiber, also called roughage or cellulose, should be an important part of anyone’s daily diet. It helps to reduce fatty deposits. Here is how it works: When fiber enters your digestive system it absorbs the available liquids, then as it goes through the body it almost has a sweeping or cleaning effect on the cells. You see, fiber is not digested by your system, no, instead it goes through your system sweeping out the bad stuff and then is eliminated. It also reduces the reabsorption of bile salts (salts that digest and break up fats). So, this prevents the bile salts from reabsorbing once they’ve broken down fat, so the fat doesn’t re-enter your system”.
Controls Weight High fiber can control weight, by:
- Reducing the caloric density of your diet
- Slow the rate at which calories are ingested
- Slightly decrease the speed by which dietary energy is absorbed
- It will also add volume to your diet, leaving you feeling fuller longer.
So add fiber to your diet for these reasons.
What Foods have fiber:
- Whole grains and the bran of grains
- Vegetables, best if eaten raw, but could be slightly cooked
- Root vegetables, like: Carrots, parsnips, white and sweet potatoes, turnips, and kohlrabi
- Fruits & Vegetables with tough skins
- Pod Vegetables, like green beans and green peas.
- Seed & Nuts, but unsalted!
Now that you know all about fiber, you should really add it to your daily diet.
“Fat Burning Foods! Diet, Quick Weight Loss.” Webterrace Design – Professional Webpage Designs. Web. 15 Apr. 2010.
|“Exercise is very important; it boosts the metabolism and burns off calories. The chart below gives a rough estimate of how much you would burn off doing certain popular activities. The chart is based on a person that weighs 150 pounds. If you weigh more than you will burn up more calories, if you weigh less the reverse is true and you’ll burn up less. To find out how many calories you would burn up for your weight all you would have to do is, divide your weight by 150 and multiply the number of calories in the chart by that number”Fat Burning Foods! Diet, Quick Weight Loss.”Webterrace Design – Professional Webpage Designs. Web. 15 Apr. 2010.”.
||Calories Burned per Hour
|Bicycling, 6 mph
|Bicycling, 12 mph
|Jogging, 5½ mph
|Jogging, 7 mph
|Running in place
|Running, 10 mph
|Swimming, 25 yds./min.
|Swimming, 50 yds./min.
|Walking, 2 mph
|Walking, 3 mph
|Walking, 4½ mph
We normally consider food a terrible thing in the quest to lose weight, but without the proper amount of calories your body’s metabolism will slow down, and mental functions will become slower. If you incorporate the above foods in our diet then we will realize that weight, and fat loss is a lot simpler than we first thought. Take the time to add these foods to your diet, and your efforts will be dramatically increased. I have experimented with each of these items and the results were dramatic. It will be up to each of you to figure out how to incorporate these foods into your diet. I suggest that each time you go grocery shopping you pick up a few of these items.
68W Medic.US Army SFC Latrevis Stokes,